cassielynn

Not To Be Trusted In a Bookstore With a Credit Card

I'm eventually actually gonna try my hand at reviewing books. I am not promising greatly written reviews as I am incredibly "to the point" in my writing. But at the very least you will find out if I like the book or not.

SPOILER ALERT!

Scarlet - Review

Scarlet - Marissa Meyer

Summary:

Cinder is back and trying to break out of prison—even though she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive if she does—in this second installment from Marissa Meyer.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother, or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana.

4.5/5 Stars

The second book in the Lunar Chronicles series did not disappoint. I was a great follow up from Cinder and introduced some great characters. This book had three separate storylines, one followed Prince Kai, the second followed Cinder and her new companion, while the third followed Scarlet and Wolf.

The new characters introduced in this book were very compelling. Scarlet and Wolf's interactions with each other were anywhere between touching and heartbreaking. I enjoyed following them on their adventure and learning more about Queen Levana's plots to take over Earth. Their relationship together was different from the relationship that Cinder and Kai had which made it more interesting. At one point near the end I felt very betrayed and I wanted to reach through the book and slap a character. When this happens I usually take it to mean the book was well written. I'm glad it was able to invoke that kind of emotion.

I have high hopes for the third book in the series, Cress.